Anonymous said: why are you so fired up over feminism and rape culture
- because i woke up from a nap with a boys hands sliding down my jeans and when I left him with a black eye he told everyone i was a bitch and a slut that he used for sex when I had never had sex at all
- because my close friend was raped in her dorm room and now she can’t get in bed without checking that the door is locked 3 times
- because “she was asking for it” is still said
- because no doesn’t mean no in todays society
- because i can’t wear shorts in 90 degree weather without being oversexualized
- because the phrase “boys will be boys” is still in existance
- BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT AND SOMETHING TO BE FIRED UP OVER
I would only add “because fuck you, that’s why”
some ways to check your ableism
- never spray perfumes in public.
- never assume someone can walk with you somewhere. offer to drive, take a taxi or a bus. walking distance can mean different things to different people
- never assume concepts are “easy.” easy can mean different things to different people
- never sit in seating for designated disabled passengers.
- never complain about someone in front of you going slow or having to wait for someone who is moving slower than you. you don’t know what their needs are.
hey wow I’m posting on tumblr for the first time in a lot of months
depression is when you don’t really care about anything
anxiety is when you care too much about everything
and having both is just like what